Monday 18 October 2010

Am I the only person who hates glass nail files? And a favour

Thank you to everyone who commented on my entries for the Illamasqua contest (will reply to all of them soon) I had a lot of fun doing them. Everyone should look through the other entries because lots of them are absolutely stunning (no chance of me winning, some of those looks have me blown completely out of the water! I'm not putting my stuff down but jesus christ some people are talented!)

Anyway glass nail files. I hear so many people spouting the gospel of glass and crystal nail files but i just can't get them to work for me! I've bought two and while one of the great advantages of them is that they are supposed to never wear out mine seem to have completely dulled! No matter how hard or softly I run my fingers across the surface absolutely nothing happens! In fact at first both the files i bought worked but after my only using them once the surface texture changed (now it feels like there is no grit) and they just do nothing. No filing at all! It's very frustrating. They are 2 different brands and so i don't think they could both be faulty. Oh and i've tried washing them and it makes no difference. Anyway if anyone has somne tips on using them i would be really grateful. If not i'm going back to cheap emery boards.

Now as for the favour...Ho boy i am not going to enjoy writing this!
On saturday i went out and got drunk. Way too drunk. Completely smashed. I will never ever drink that much again because it was horrible! Anyway in the awful blur that was the night i managed to lose my brand new, not available in the UK MUFE lipstick that i bought in Paris. So i was wondering if anyone in the US would either pick it up for me and i'll paypal you the money, or would like to do a swap and i can get some nice UK only brands in exchange? I would be most grateful. Leave me a comment if you wouldn't mind (wouldn't be straight awy though as i am poor right this minute) :)

9 comments:

  1. Would def do it for you!!

    Don't feel like that, your entries were awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a glass emery board from Sephora and I love it! I wonder why yours aren't working for you though D:

    Also, I live super near a Sephora, so I can easily pick one up for you - and you know I'd love an excuse to go to Sephora, hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your entries were great, it's Illamasqua remember, creativity is just as important as technique and all the rest of it, your in with a great chance of winning and even if you don't, the looks you did were fab! Good luck!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate glass files too. They suck balls.

    And shut up, your entries were awesome! Some people were totally lame and didn't enter at all (me)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I'm not feeling the love for glass files either, but both that I bought were pretty cheap so I'm wondering if that was my problem, either way I've not bothered with them since!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've never heard of them before...though i don't really use nail files. i might have to look them up. i've certainly never seen them where i live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a great glass file that I got for less than two dollars. I always use them wet like a sandstone. I dip it in a glass of water or do it over the sink. I think dust from your nails can build up in the grit, so you may just need to clean it off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't like glass nail files either. These files don't seem to do much. They may not wear out but they do break.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new header. Is that your artwork?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to reply to every one i get.